Capybara Games’ beloved Heroes of Might and Magic 5 prequel is being refreshed for modern audiences. Dotemu and Ubisoft have announced Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes – Definitive Edition, which will remaster the iconic puzzle RPG’s visuals and add several quality-of-life improvements. The new edition launches this summer on PC, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.
- More MP1st Reading: Respawn CEO Would “Love” to See Titanfall 3 Happen, But “It Has to Be the Right Thing”
Watch the reveal trailer below, which shows off the refined gameplay and visuals of the Definitive Edition:
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes – Definitive Edition is a faithful reimagining of the original 2009 turn-based puzzle RPG title. The Definitive Edition features refreshed art and character portraits, as well as a full rework of the multiplayer mode and the addition of a new boss. It also includes the “I Am the Boss” DLC, which lets players assume the role of four powerful bosses in gameplay, and adds Asian localization as well. From the developers:
Taking place 40 years before the Heroes of Might & Magic V saga, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes tells the tale of five heroes scattered across five different regions of Ashan. Each must travel their own dangerous paths to grow in strength, unravel a demonic plot, and ultimately save their world from devastation.
- A unique mix of genres: Be creative, always be one step ahead of your opponent. The more combos you make, the more damage your enemy will take!
- Be the leader of your army…: Choose the perfect combination of units for your troops, artifact and spell for your hero and lead them to victory!
- … and get stronger: Gain XP after every battle and level up your hero and their attributes!
- Single player mode: Put your tactical skills to the test in the 20+ hour-long story mode. It will not be an easy journey but you’ll have to succeed and save the world from devastation.
- Multiplayer mode: A very addictive and extensive multiplayer mode. 1v1, 2v2, against bots or other players, online or offline, it doesn’t matter, your goal remains the same: lead your army to the top of the ladder!
- Included in this definitive version, the I Am the Boss DLC: Switch to the side of Chaos and play as one of the 4 villains of the game in any mode other than the campaign! A newly-created exclusive Multiplayer boss (Euny the Archdruid) is included in this DLC!
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes – Definitive Edition will release sometime this summer for PC (through Steam and the Ubisoft Store), PS4, and the Nintendo Switch. Stay tuned here at MP1st for all upcoming news and announcements about the game.