Just last week, as part of the gameplay reveal for Battlefield 2042 Season 5: New Dawn, DICE mentioned that they are committed to supporting BF2042 beyond Season 5, but stopped short of confirming a new season. Well, the guesswork ends today, as DICE has confirmed that Battlefield 2042 Season 6 is indeed in the cards.
This was announced by the none other than the official Battlefield Twitter account, which tweeted the following:
You can’t get more official than that, right? Of course, the fact that we’re just getting Season 5 this June 7 means we’ll be waiting quite a bit before we hear anything about Season 6. While there’s no info about it available yet, it’s a safe bet we’ll be getting new maps in All-Out Warfare, possibly new weapons and more.
As for Season 5, it will be released this June 7, but the official patch notes are already available.
Here’s an overview of what’s new in Season 5:
- New Map: Reclaimed
- New Weapons: XCE BAR, GEW-46 & BFP.50
- New Gadgets: Spring Grenade, Anti-Tank Grenade, Mini Grenade, RPG-7V2
- New Battle Pass featuring all-new cosmetics for Specialists, Weapons, Vehicles and more.
- Quality of Life Improvements: Vault Weapon Attachments & Universal Cosmetics, Reworking Vehicle Loadouts, Specialist Improvements for Dozer & Irish, Squad Management, Damage Unit UI and more.
- Arriving later in Season 5: Further Vault Weapon Attachments, Hourglass Map Rework and further Quality of Life Improvements like Squad Orders.
Once Season 5 kicks off with a new patch, we’ll let our readers know.